Walton’s nine garden apartment communities for persons with disabilities inspire a life of independence. Both affordable and accessible (thanks to our partnership with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development), our communities are beautifully designed with your needs in mind. We make it easy for you to live independently at home and in the community—thanks to easy access to shopping, dining and entertainment.
Our one- and two-bedroom apartments are ground level and handicapped accessible and feature energy efficient construction, an individual private entrance, washer/dryer connections and lighted parking areas.
• Curb-less sidewalks
• Lowered light switches
• Wide doorways
• Door handles (rather than knobs on all interior and exterior doors)
• Visual doorbells and smoke detectors for the hearing impaired
• Regular and hand held shower heads
• Easy-to-maneuver carpet and/or tile
• 24-hour on-call management/maintenance
• Monthly pest control
• Pets ALLOWED (under 20 lbs., working dogs excluded from weight restriction)
• Building and landscaping maintenance
|Walton Pointe||714 Mone Sano Ave
|Three 2-BR Units||January 1996|
|Walton Heights||2038 Fenwick St.
|Nine 2-BR Units||September 1996|
|Walton Place||3005 Lee St.
|Nineteen 2-BR Units||May 1997|
|Walton Commons||2902 Howell Rd.
|Eleven 2-BR Units||May 2000|
|Walton Village||1161 Mesena Rd.
|Eight 2-BR Units||July 2003|
|Walton Crossing||217 W. Five Notch Rd.
North Augusta, SC
|Four 2-BR & Eight 1-BR Units||May 2007|
|Walton South||511 West Richmond Hill Rd.
|Five 1-BR & Eight 2-BR Units||May 2010|
|Walton West Villas*||1068 Bertram Rd.
|Six 1-BR Units||April 2010|
|Walton Legacy||2579 Dover St.
|Eleven 2-BR Units||November 2013|
|* for brain injury survivors
Walton Manor is a specialty focus property; for more information, please contact us at 706-312-0009
One Bedroom Apartment
Click to Download PDF
Two Bedroom Apartment
Click to Download PDF
APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES
Our independent living communities are available for persons with disabilities in the CSRA who are able to live independently and care for themselves (or provide their own care). Rent is based on 30 percent of renters’ income and all household members must meet HUD guidelines.
Income cannot exceed $20,650/year for a one-person household or $23,600/year for a two-person household. Head of household must be 18 or older and must be able to enter into a legal and binding contract.
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Prequalified candidates will be placed on a waiting list according to HUD guidelines.
Step One: Apply now by downloading the Application Packet and completing it in full:
Step Two: Bring the completed Application Packet and Supplement form, signed Tenant Selection Guidelines and supporting documentation (see page one of the General Application). Applications will be accepted Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
2950 Richmond Hill Rd., Suite 16
Augusta, GA 30906
OR, to request an application packet, call 706-312-0009.
Tenant Selection guidelines are specific to the property. Read and sign the appropriate set of guidelines affirming that you read and understand the guidelines prior to move-in:
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton Pointe
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton Heights
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton Place
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton Commons
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton Village
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton Crossing
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton South
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton West Villas (housing for those with brain injuries)
- Tenant Selection Guidelines for Walton Legacy (housing for persons with disabilities and Money Follows the Person program)
For more information about our independent living
communities for persons with disabilities, contact 706-312-0009.